- Get your foot in the door
- My Foot!
- These dogs are barking
- Feet of Clay
The foot is a magical part of the human anatomy and used endlessly to express everything from death - one foot in the grave, to making a good impression - put your best foot forward.
Did you know that your foot contains 26 bones, 33 joints, more than 100 tendons, muscles, and ligaments, and a whopping 250,000 sweat glands? Now thats a lot of anatomy. Here are some interesting facts about feet:
• 1/4 of all the bones in the human body are down in your feet. When these bones are out of alignment, so is the rest of the body.
• The average person will walk around 115,000 miles in a life time, that’s more than four times around the earth! The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day, which adds up to about 115,000 miles over a lifetime.
- When walking, each time your heel lifts off the ground it forces the toes to carry one half of your body weight.
- It’s rare that two feet are exactly the same; one of them is often larger than the other.
- In a pair of feet, there are 250,000 sweat glands.
- Cigarette smoking is the biggest cause of Peripheral Vascular Disease (disease of the arteries of the feet and legs) which often leads to pain on walking, ulceration, infection and in the most severe cases – gangrene and possible amputation.
- A human foot & ankle is a strong, mechanical structure that contain 26 bones, 33 joints, and more than 100 muscles, tendons & ligaments.
- During an average day of walking, the total forces on your feet can total hundreds of tons, equivalent to an average of a fully loaded cement truck.
- Walking is the best exercise for your feet. It contributes to your general health by improving circulation and weight control.
If you want to learn more - check out some of our products https://www.denoyer.com/search?type=product&q=foot
Share this post