0651-00 The Heart as a Pump
AP44 Hands-on Cardiac Function Simulator
Designed for hands on collaborative learning by teams of 3-4 students, this working model simulates all of the key functions of the human heart.
- How valves function and how they produce one way blood flow.
- To measure cardiac output and the factors and conditions which affect cardiac output.
- To collect quantitative, experimental data and use it to explain heart function.
- To solve problems and predict how different conditions influence and affect cardiac function.
- To relate the mechanical function of the heart, to heart structural anatomy.
Equally well suited to programs in community colleges, 4-year institutions, and professional schools, the complete learning package includes the pumping heart model with support base, and illustrated manual which incorporates a 10-page instructor guide, set-up instructions, and a 3-4 hour hands on inquiry exercise, directly insertable into any anatomy and physiology curriculum. Students will learn:
- how valves function and how they produce one-way blood flow• to calculate cardiac output and other cardiac parameters
- to collect and analyze data to solve problems
- how the mechanical function of the heart relates to its anatomical structure MADE IN THE USA BY DENOYER-GEPPERT
We Also Recommend